‘Fake news’: China dismisses Indian media reports it lost 40 soldiers in border fighting squib

Beijing has dismissed Indian media reports that at least 40 Chinese soldiers were killed in last week’s border conflict, even as the two countries work to defuse tensions after their worst fighting for decades.China’s foreign ministry on Tuesday described the reports as “fake news”.“I can tell you responsibly that it is false information,” ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said.Despite the rebuttal, Zhao said senior security officers from the two sides met in the border region on Monday for a …
Scroll for more
Continue reading on South China Morning Post...
Tags: